Erkki Korhonen studied the piano at the Sibelius Academy, completing his diploma examination in 1983, and has studied further with György Sebök, Dimitri Bashkirov and Tamas Vasary. He has studied Lied and chamber music with Ralf Gothóni, Igor Bezrodnyi, Erich Werba and Hartmut Höll, and opera correpitition at the Zurich international Opera studio.
Having taught piano at music institutes and conservatories in Finland, he became teacher at the Sibelius Academy in 1982.
He has appeared as a soloist, chamber musician and Lied pianist in nearly every European country and in Israel, India and the USA; he has made several radio and TV recordings in Europe and the USA.
He has also been a Jury member in numerous piano competitions in Europe.
- “Sydämen aamu” (with Margarita Nacer-Leinonen, soprano)
- “Fall in Love at the Opera” (with Cynthia Makris, soprano)
- The Melody of the Spring (with Ritva-Liisa Korhonen, soprano)
- Piano Competition
- Charity Concert (Sibelius) (with Júlia Heéger, soprano)
- Sibelius Fantasia
- Vanaja-sali (with Tuomas Katajala, tenor)